A special invitation for all priests, deacons, directors of parish life, pastoral associates/ministers, lay ecclesial ministers, coordinators and catechists of faith formation, youth ministers, pastoral musicians, worship/liturgical coordinators, Catholic School administration/teachers and Chancery staff. Please join Bishop Gruss for this four-part “Teaching Mass” series. The four gatherings will explore the rich historical, theological, liturgical, and ecclesiological aspects of the four-fold Eucharistic Liturgy to help us all better appreciate the why we do what we do at Mass AND hopefully glean a deeper and renewed understanding of our encounter with the “Real Presence” of the Risen Lord each time we celebrate the Eucharist!
- 9:30 am Presentation
- 10:15 am Break
- 10:30 am Presentation II with Q&A
- 11:00 am Break & Preparation for Mass
- 11:15 am Celebration of the Eucharist
- 12:00 pm Lunch with Continued Conversation
Saturday, November 5, 2022 – Hosted by Saint Jude Thaddeus Parish, Essexville
- THE INTRODUCTIORY RITES with presenter Father Bert Gohm, Senior Priest and Sacramental Minister of Saint John Vianney Parish, Saginaw.
Saturday, January 28, 2023 – Hosted by Most Blessed Trinity Parish, Frankenmuth
- THE LITURGY OF THE WORD with presenter Father Jose Maria Cabrera, Vicar for Priests and Pastor of All Saints Parish, Bay City.
Saturday, February 18, 2023 – Hosted by Blessed Sacrament Parish, Midland
- THE LITURGY OF THE EUCHARIST with presenter Father Andy Booms, Vicar of Vicariate 4 and Pastor of St. Brigid of Kildare Parish, Midland and St. Mary University Parish, Mt. Pleasant.
Saturday April 15, 2023 – Hosted by All Saints Parish, Bay City
- THE CONCLUDING RITES with presenter Father Jim Bessert, Director of the diocesan Office of Liturgy and Sacramental Minister of Saint Catherine of Siena Parish, Bay City.
The series of talks will be recorded and can be viewed below.