We participate in activities of social justice, support the good works of persons locally and in other countries, prepare our children and young people to be faith-filled, responsible members of the community — and we do all this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
The Catholic Diocese of Saginaw includes 56 parishes in 11 counties of Mid-Michigan.
Our Mission Statement: Trusting in the Holy Spirit and nourished by the Eucharist, we, the faithful of the Diocese of Saginaw, are companions on the journey to share the love of Jesus Christ.
The 11 Counties
Today, the Saginaw diocese covers 11 counties in Eastern mid-Michigan within the Roman Catholic Province of Detroit: Arenac, Bay, Clare, Gladwin, Gratiot, Huron, Isabella, Midland, Saginaw, Sanilac, and Tuscola.
The diocese encompasses 6,955-square-miles of land and is home to 100,000 Catholics.
The Catholic Diocese of Saginaw was established on February 26, 1938 by Pope Pius XI. Its territory included 16 counties, carved out the Diocese of Grand Rapids and the Archdiocese of Detroit, in Michigan's "thumb and index finger."