“Solidarity means much more than engaging in sporadic acts of generosity. It means thinking and acting in terms of community” (Fratelli tutti, 116).
Religious freedom allows the Church, and all religious communities, to live out their faith in public and to serve the good of all. Beginning June 22, the feast of Sts. Thomas More and John Fisher, the USCCB invites Catholics to pray, reflect, and act to promote religious freedom.
- June 22 - Adoption and Foster Care
Pray that children waiting to be placed in a loving home and the caregivers who serve those children will find strength and support from the Church.
- June 23 - Catholic Social Service during the Pandemic
Pray that God would continue to grant Catholic institutions the wisdom and courage to serve a world suffering the effects of the COVID pandemic.
- June 24 - The Equality Act
- Pray that the dignity of all people will be respected in our country.
- June 25 - Church Vandalism
- Pray that Christian witness in the face of attacks on our churches will convert hearts to faith in Jesus Christ.
- June 26 - Catholics in Nicaragua
- Pray for our Catholic sisters and brothers who are suffering in Nicaragua.
- June 27 - Conscience Rights for Healthcare Workers
- Pray that governments will respect the consciences of all people who care for the sick and vulnerable.
- June 28 - Christians in Iraq
Pray for Christians in Iraq, and that people of all faiths in the land of Abraham may live in peace.
- June 29 - Free Speech
Pray that Christians will have the courage to speak the truth with kindness and clarity, even in the face of adversity.